WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB, Ohio – The Air Pressure Analysis Laboratory’s Supplies and Manufacturing Directorate not too long ago held their 68th Annual Awards Ceremony to honor its prime achievers. Masters of ceremony have been Dr. Jonathan Spowart from the Supplies Integrity Department and Mr. Keith Slinker from the Composite Department.
In contrast to earlier ceremonies, this yr’s was “digital” due to the pandemic. Recipients weren’t really current to say their awards. As an alternative, a studio-type setup was used, with solely the masters of ceremony and the technical crew current. As an alternative of gathering in an auditorium or a gathering room, the viewers used digital platforms to remotely watch the occasion.
The awards and recipients have been:
• Director’s Award (Senior Particular person): Dr. Dan Berrigan
• Director’s Award (Junior Particular person): Dr. Jeremy Ward
• Director’s Award (Group): COVID Decontamination Group – Ms. Michelle Barga, Dr. Caitlin Bojanowski, Mr. Corey Boltz, Ms. Diane Buhrmaster, Dr. Wendy Goodson, Mr. Iman Eizadynejad, Mr. Invoice Hoogsteden, Mr. Brett Jordan, Dr. Chia-Suei Hung, Ms. Rachel Krabacher, Mr. Michael Manders and Mr. Edward White
• R. Lee Kennard S&T Manufacturing Heritage Award: Mr. John Blevins
• Vincent J. Russo Award for Management Excellence: Dr. Wendy Goodson
• Firm Grade Officer: Lt. Cristian Hernandez Riviera
• Subject Grade Officer: Lt. Col. Brian Hans
• Worldwide Award: Corrosion, Elastomers, and Coatings Group – Ms. Diane Buhrmaster, Dr. Matthew Hartshorne, Mr. Nader Hendizadeh, Mr. Invoice Hoogsteden, Dr. Chad Hunter, Ms. Gina Tollefson, Mr. Thaddeus Williams and Dr. Nicholas Wilson
• Supervisor Excellence Award: Mr. Alan Albert
• Mission Assist Award (Particular person): Ms. Cassie Spreher
• Mission Assist Award (Group): IT Assist Group – Mr. Brian Bott, Mr. Randall Mintz, Mr. Steven Mahurin, Mr. Brian Griffith, Ms. Mary Beth Holt, Mr. Chad Murphy, Ms. Holly Smith and Ms. Kristin Metal
• Charles J. Cleary Scientific Award: Inverse Design of Broadband Extremely Reflective Metasurfaces utilizing Neural Networks – Dr. Eric Harper, Dr. Jonathan Vernon and Dr. Matthew Mills
• Engineering Experience Award: for the Growth of M&P Answer for Manufacturing-Induced Deficiency in Multifunctional Composite Constructions – Mr. Kevin Tienda, Ms. Kara Storage and Dr. Dean Foster
• Program Administration Award: Dr. Claretta Sullivan
• Dr. Katie E.G. Thorp Inspiration Award: Dr. Pleasure Haley
For the primary time ever, there was a tie for the Robert T. Schwartz Engineering Achievement Award. The recipients:
• For the additive manufacturing of excessive efficiency thermosets: Dr. Hilmar Koerner
• For the event of novel C-130 propeller inspection tools: Mr. Ryan Mooers, Mr. Ken LaCivita, Mr. Lucas Abrahamson, Mr. Brian Shivers, Mr. John Brausch, Capt Lee Morris and Mr. Charlie Buynak
Timothy Sakulich, Director of the Supplies and Manufacturing Directorate, concluded the ceremony by reflecting on the brand new and distinctive challenges that everybody has confronted in 2020, each in faculties and within the office. He thanked the staff who had managed to prepare a distant award ceremony, thereby guaranteeing the continuation of the directorate’s custom of yearly honoring its members’ achievements in science and know-how.
The Air Pressure Analysis Laboratory (AFRL) is the first scientific analysis and improvement middle for the Division of the Air Pressure. AFRL performs an integral function in main the invention, improvement, and integration of reasonably priced warfighting applied sciences for our air, house, and our on-line world power. With a workforce of greater than 11,000 throughout 9 know-how areas and 40 different operations throughout the globe, AFRL gives a various portfolio of science and know-how starting from basic to superior analysis and know-how improvement. For extra info, go to: www.afresearchlab.com.
|Date Posted:||02.13.2021 11:45|
|Location:||WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, OH, US|
This work, AFRL Supplies and Manufacturing Directorate celebrates annual awards recipients, by Mary Pacinda, recognized by DVIDS, should adjust to the restrictions proven on https://www.dvidshub.net/about/copyright.