Editor’s word: Lots occurred this week, so here is your likelihood to get caught up. Learn on for the week’s hottest headlines.
1. Country radio king’s Weatherford ranch scoots onto market for $8.2 million. For 25 years, nation music radio icon Bob Kingsley and his spouse and enterprise associate, Nan, made their dwelling on the legendary Bluestem Ranch, southwest of Weatherford. Greater than a 12 months after Bob’s dying at age 80 after battling bladder most cancers, his widow has put their 141-acre horse ranch available on the market for $8.2 million.
2. Fort Worth gets one of Macy’s cute new smaller-format stores. Division retailer chain Macy’s has opened a brand new retailer in Fort Value that’s one in all its newer, smaller-format shops. Referred to as Market by Macy’s, it opened January 15 within the WestBend life-style purchasing heart, at 1751 River Run, #101, in what was as soon as a cute little Tom Thumb.
3. Hotels with cozy rooftop ‘igloos’ are a thing in Dallas-Fort Worth. A brand new resort in Grapevine has launched enjoyable little igloos on their rooftop which allow you to dangle outdoors in a weatherproof surroundings. Lodge Vin, which opened in September 2020, has added what they name rooftop “bubbles” on their Rioja Rooftop Terrace. They’re the second DFW resort to open igloos to patrons.
4. Lowe’s to open first Texas outlet store with discount appliances in Irving. Residence items chain Lowe’s Residence Enchancment is opening a brand new form of retailer in Dallas-Fort Value: Referred to as Lowe’s Outlet of Irving, it will likely be a reduced model of a daily Lowe’s, with new merchandise that has minor beauty harm.
5. New on-demand nail service delivers at-home manis & pedis to Fort Worth. Consider it as Uber or Lyft to your fingers and toes. Dallas-based cell app Cherry has expanded to Fort Value, bringing on-demand nail companies to shoppers’ properties starting January 15.