HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) –
Chef Curtis Stone’s Cauliflower & Broccoli White Cheddar Pasta Bake
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook dinner Time: half-hour
*Make-Forward: Blanched greens, cooked pasta, cheese sauce, and breadcrumb combination could be made as much as eight hours forward, cooled, coated individually, and refrigerated.
1 head cauliflower (about 2 lb), cored, minimize into giant bite-size florets
Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper
1 lb (about 8 cups) broccoli florets
1 ½ cups (about 5 oz) dried penne
3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for baking dish
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 Tbs finely chopped contemporary thyme
1 Tbs all-purpose flour
2 cups complete milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 ¼ cups (about 5 oz) shredded white cheddar cheese
1 cup very coarse contemporary breadcrumbs (made in a meals processor or blender from 2 slices bread)
½ cup grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven in broil mode. Frivolously oil a 2-quart baking dish or 4 particular person crocks.
2. Utilizing Pace Enhance on Bosch induction cooktop, convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli and cook dinner for two minutes, or simply till broccoli turns vibrant inexperienced. Utilizing strainer, take away greens from boiling water and submerge in giant bowl of ice water to chill shortly. Reserve salted boiling water. As soon as greens are cool, drain from ice water and put aside.
3. In the meantime, return salted water to a boil with Brief Enhance on Bosch induction cooktop. Add penne to similar boiling salted water and cook dinner, stirring usually to forestall pasta from sticking collectively, for 7 minutes, or till tender however nonetheless agency to chunk. Drain penne.
4. Warmth a big heavy pot over medium warmth. Add 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil, onions and thyme and cook dinner, stirring often, for two minutes, or till onions are tender and barely browned. Sprinkle flour over onion combination, then stir in flour and cook dinner for 1 minute, or till it is vitally pale golden brown.
5. Steadily stir in milk and cream. Improve warmth to medium-high and produce to a simmer. Cut back warmth to medium-low and simmer, stirring usually, for 4 minutes, or till sauce is calmly thickened and has no uncooked flour style. Cut back warmth to low, add cheddar cheese, and stir till melted. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add greens and penne to cheese sauce and fold collectively. Unfold evenly in baking dish or divide amongst particular person crocks. In small bowl, toss breadcrumbs, parmesan, and remaining 1 Tbs olive oil to coat, then sprinkle over pasta combination.
7. Broil for about 4 minutes, or till crumbs are golden. Let stand at room temperature for five minutes earlier than serving.
For this recipe and extra, go to Bosch Heart of the Home.
Copyright 2021 WSAZ. All rights reserved.